Our menu is ever changing according to the seasons, and sometimes on a whim. We are always happy to make up a platter or a sandwich from the hundreds of options in our deli fridge. Chat to our friendly staff, who can put together something traditional, or something personalised to your taste. Everything we have on offer can be eaten in our cosy deli, or taken away to enjoy.
We offer a simple, tried and tested breakfast menu, using the freshest and highest quality ingredients.
We make a delicious superfood packed granola in house, which can be eaten with your choice of milk, creamy natural yoghurt, or nude as a crunchy snack.
Byron Bay Macadamia Muesli or Unexpected Guest Granuesli (or even it’s sister, Gluten Free-style) can be enjoyed with your choice of milk or yoghurt.
Our buttery croissants are baked fresh every morning, and can be filled with creamy havarti and smoked ham, smothered in sweet Yarra Valley strawberry jam, or devoured on their own.
Traditional New York style boiled bagels from Five and Dime. Fill them to the brim, toast them, leave them fresh… it’s up to you!
The old trusty smashed avocado
A breaky menu these days isn’t complete without the obligatory smashed avocado and feta option. And there is a reason it is universally loved -it’s bloody delicious. We serve ours atop crusty Vincenzo’s sourdough toast, with creamy Meredith Goat’s feta, sliced chilli, fresh herbs and a squeeze of lemon. Don’t mess with the classics.
We stock gorgeous artisan bread from Vincenzo’s Bakery in Abbotsford. We are happy to toast you a slice and smother it in anything you see on our well stocked pantry shelves. Cunliffe & Water’s jams from the Yarra Valley are a favourite among the regulars.
Now, lunch is where we excel. The options truly are endless when you are working with fresh bread and a deli fridge full of antipasto, smallgoods and charcuterie. Here are some offerings we have ready made every day.
- Ploughman’s pickle, smoked ham and Barber’s cheddar on sourdough.
- Green tomato pickle, hot sopressa and provolone cheese on rye.
- Semi dried tomato, artichoke, mozzarella, basil pesto and baby spinach on soy and linseed.
- Tomato, basil and buffalo mozzarella.
- Smoked salmon, creme fraiche, dill and caper.
- Turkey, cranberry and brie.
- Lorraine – creamy cheese and smoked bacon with a delightful crunchy pastry base.
- Spinach, semi dried tomato and feta.
- Daily house made soup – offerings might include; pumpkin with cumin and coriander; spicy mexican tomato; pancetta, barley and vegetable; potato and leek; pea and smoked ham hock; morrocan lentil….
- Our hot meal offering vary daily, dependent on what is in season and the unpredictable Melbourne weather! We love a hearty, slow cooked beef casserole; a flavourful Moussaka; Spicy curry; Lasagne in all it’s incarnations.
Daily sandwich specials
- Our Friday pulled pork baguette with spicy Vietnamese coleslaw has a cult following. Available from 12pm.
- Other specials can include; slow cooked steak sandwich with caramelised onion jam; poached chicken with creamy mayo, bacon and chives; parmesan crusted chicken schnitzel with crunchy iceberg lettuce.
We have on offer every day.
Our Brownies are made from Dark 70% Callebaut chocolate and Girgar butter. Additions include white chocolate, macadamias, milk chocolate, pecans, toffee….
We make our Lamingtons using a traditional sponge recipe, Callebaut chocolate, Cunliffe & Waters jam and crunchy coconut flakes. These often sell out, so be quick!
Old-school hand made butter cream recipe, with a broad array of icings.
Rainbow coloured, delicious, gluten free macarons.
Anzacs filled with white Belgian chocolate
Yes, you read that correctly. Amazing.
Cobb Lane Bakery treats
On weekends we get the award winning Donuts – think salted caramel, custard and jam, cigar – Cookies, Oreos, Pretzel and pecan blondies and Ginger bombs from Michelin star trained pastry chef Matt Forbes.